Wednesday, March 23, 2022

More For The Ladies

Townsend's sell very high quality, period correct clothing favored by serious colonial reenactors. Since there is so little mention is made for period correct clothing for the ladies, I thought this video provides an accurate demonstration of how a townswoman might have looked.

Medicine On The Frontier:  Again, Jon Townsend to the rescue. Here's a video on common medicinal plants used in the eighteenth century. The video was filmed at Connor Prairie, an historical educational facility in Indiana.

Finally, a Townsend promotion for the Traveling Physician, an18th Century Medicine Kit. I checked the Townsends website, and the kit is no longer available. However, I will continue to search the web to find out if the kit can be re-created, or to see if Townsends sees fit to re-introduce this product. I actually remember seeing the item for sale, but alas, s/he who hesitates is lost. 

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. The story of my life.