Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Fried Lobster, Anyone?

I haven't figured out what I'm doing for lunch. I love fresh sea food, and I haven't had a whole Maine lobster in at least a year (guess why!). I was exploring videos from the Townsends channel and I came across a recipe for Fried Lobster.

Now I'm a purist. I like my lobster steamed with some drawn button on the side. Normally, I go to the New England Lobster Market & Eatery for my crustacean fix, and judging on where my thoughts are wandering, I won't be waiting much longer.

In the eighteenth century, lobster was not considered high end faire. Take this quotation from the web:

"...Lobster was also known as the poor man's meal because the overabundance of these guys made it easy for people with no money to get their protein. In fact, these crustaceans were fed to prisoners, apprentices and slaves. Lobster actually became one of the most popular canned products on the market..."

I found this Townsend's video on fried lobster. Some advice: Never look for videos on food when you're hungry.


Thanks for bearing with me. Now I'm going to make my lunch, chilli con carne and a croissant. Sigh.