Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Panther Primitive To Close


48 YEARS AGO Panther Primitives made their first tents. I was the 14 year old indentured servant, pushing canvas around for my mother Betty Baird. By 1983 I had taken over full time, and my wife Theresa joined on. Together, we built it into a successful business with thousands of happy customers. We raised our children and then grandchildren in the living history lifestyle, and made countless lifetime friends along the way.

We lost Betty Baird last year, and I lost Theresa this past Spring. I have decided that it's time to bring the Panther story to a close and spend my time spoiling my grandchildren. Therefore, I wanted to give notice that Panther Primitives will cease taking tent orders on Feb. 1st, 2024. Up until that time we will take tent orders on a first come first served basis. I expect the order queue to fill up quickly, and I expect we will begin running out of certain types of canvas well before Feb. 1st, so order soon to ensure that you get on the schedule. All orders should be finished up and shipped by late Spring.

Please share this post with any living history groups that you're in so that the word gets out, and THANK YOU for all the great years we've had camping together!

Sam Darby

For those wishing to purchase a tent, contact Panther Primitive and place an order. If material is still available, they will make you a tent.

There is a tent that was posted on our Commerce Section. I do not know if it is still available. It's worth a try if your interested. Click here.