Thursday, July 11, 2024

Powder Valley Has #11 Percussion Caps!

Cost: I know that everybody is bitter about how everything in the shooting sports has skyrocketed in price. Powder, primers (when available), balls, bullets, and fire sticks are more expensive than when we were first starting out. Right now, caps seem to be in short supply.

Powder Valley has RWS caps in stock. I hope you're sitting down, because they are asking $36.99 for a tin of 250, which is about $0.15 per cap. Plus, there is sales tax AND THE HAZMAT FEE, which puts the cost at close to $0.20 a pop. OUCH!

So now you know that caps are out there. Be sure to check and see if the Hazmat fee is a flat fee. If so, get your friends to combine your purchases into one big order. I am not sure, but I think Powder Valley MAY pay the Hazmat if the order exceeds a certain amount. Do your research, and get the best possible price you can!

By The  Way: Midway had CCI caps for sale, briefly. I signed up for the "Notify Me" option and by golly, I got an email announcing caps were in stock. By the time I placed an order, they were all sold out. Request an availability notification!